Monday 13 February 2012

This new trend. This plastic thing. I rather like it. The stores refuse to give a plastic packet for free and charge for them. Good, very good. But I like this trend not because I am an environmental crusader but because I love the beautiful paper packets that some stores give.

Global Desi , an apparel brand gave me a rather beautiful bright yellow and blue packet. While the penguin store at the Book Fair gave me a bright orange one (their signature Orange). The Nokia store gave me a black one with bright multi coloured squares, the Lumia packet (though I had purchased a rather low-end phone:P ).

I always saw those American sitcoms where the characters returned home with their groceries in a mundane brown packet and I thought "how inconvenient!"..but now even some local groceries have stopped giving plastics....yesterday I purchased some goodies at The French Loaf and there was a Re.1 added in my bill for "a small plastic packet"...

I don't mind a world sans plastic, as long as they keep giving me cute carry bags.
And that doesn't make me any less profound . *wide grin* 

3 comments:

Creative Cushion said...

:P How smart!!!

Moo Moo said...

I am smart on days with a "s" in them. As Sheldon says "what's life without a little whimsy?" :D

Moo Moo said...

^an