Sunday 26 February 2012

Another Sunday. Lunch mein Anday.

If any bird mocks I'd rather kill it. Kill it violently.

Mocking a person, comparisons, vitriolic criticism and constant nagging  NEVER help. They can never act as a stimulus. They can never encourage. They just kill. Silently.

The other day I was returning from another one of my routine trip to the library/ mall/friend's place ( reminded of nyaka Belinda with her bibles and billet-doux , seriously she was such a nyaka) ...anyway so I see this child hopping and skipping and occasionally walking and behind him  his mother asking questions , " kyano ota paro ni? quarter past 3 mane kota bajche tumi jano na? " etc etc.

As he grows up he'll learn how a clock works. Give the child a break. The bus rides to CU were were all about such scenes.  Parents, they want the best for us but one has to let go at times. With 5 year old kids gyrating to chikni chameli on  various channels and even younger kids belting out romantic cheesy hindi songs and the veterans of the industry encouraging such nonsense as the parents proudly shed tears...today childhood is bidding a hasty goodbye or perhaps  being redefined. I don't know. 


Among other news, I am dramatically losing interest in newspapers. They just spoil my mood. And I don't like that Madan Mitra. I am being polite. Every time I see him on screen I feel like slapping him. However I like feeding birds on my terrace. Ma gives them rooti, I give them muri, because one does not have to tear the muri into tiny pieces, so less work that way. The crows are rather sly .I admire them, for a while I was furious with them because they gobbled up a chorai pakhir chhana - a baby sparrow as I helplessly stared. BTW baby birds are very ugly and very helpless , no feathers , one feels they'll die in a minute and they keep screeching. Poor souls. Yes so the crows come and eat muri and hop about while the sparrows pay their solemn respect to this size hierarchy and remain in the fringes ..out of fear of course. I actually imagined a sparrow sitting snugly inside a crow's belly like that guy in the Bible inside that giant whale. Yes a sparrow shall fit. 

Have you ever seen a dead bird? Like a deflated balloon? One minute in the air , 3-D and the next minute a dusty flat 2-D carcass. A whimpering end indeed.

As you might have guessed I am slowly losing it. I am lazy , feel like going back home whenever I step out yet I am not one who can adjust to staying at home no matter what the purpose. I need to know when the vacation is ending to enjoy the vacation. I need to grumble about the fact that its such a short vacation. That is how I enjoy staying at home, the joy of grumbling about the end of leisure. So when it is a self-induced never-ending kind I feel supremely restless.  

Oh the new Nokia Lumia ad is just bleh. the amazing everyday? Did they never have constipation? Everyday is not amazing. IT IS NOT. Just yesterday a friend told me about a dog being caged. A golden retriever. Such people deserve a ferocious doberman not these happy-go-lucky goldies. Bastards. 

Bye.

PS- Oscars tomorrow. Please God give Streep the award. Please. Be kind. I am terrible with punctuations. Such a shame.  


4 comments:

Simantini Sinha said...

Sweetheart, I ENJOY reading your blog! But you make me wonder sometimes, that perhaps you are actually losing it!! :P

Moo Moo said...

@Simantini...you have any specific "it" in mind??? :)

Simantini Sinha said...

Jodi jantem, tomar kiser paglami, tomay janatam!! :P

Moo Moo said...

jene labh nei...etei anondo :)