Thursday 9 September 2010

Wake up Kid !

Life is not a bed of roses (What is so luxurious about a bed of roses anyway? They would tickle you and a very high chance that some bug hidden beneath the petals would ..well...bug you )...

Okay  leaving that aside, life is NOT a bed of roses...Let me deal  with one problem now. This one has its invincible arms wrapped tightly around my daily routine....waking up late....

I am at a loss... no idea how to solve it.... technology is of no help...because the shrill alarm clock comes with a very convenient  snooze button...parents leave  early so biology doesn't help either.

The hilarious Sunday magazine I read recognized this huge problem and published about some clocks that reactivates and automatically moves, once the alarm button is switched off .So you wake up playing a cat and mouse game trying to stop a ear-drum bursting weird sound... This was a charming proposition until I realized that getting this device would gobble up my entire Puja shopping budget.

But I had only myself to blame. As if I did not  know that my magazine published articles about clothes that no one sane (my perception of sane) can wear, food that no one can pronounce (leave alone find the ingredients and cook) and interiors of houses in which my friend's dog would be scared to live.

Coming back to the problem, my time table looks quite interesting, the first column (having the first periods at a time that's dawn according to my brain) exists only hypothetically for me.Blissful sleep only visits me in the early morning hours throwing my schedule haywire.

When I consciously try to sleep early I  start thinking about how badly I want to sleep and then I keep on thinking how badly I want to sleep  and  I keep on thinking about HOW BADLY I WANT TO SLEEP !!..........and then finally I understand what a certain Mr.Macbeth went through.... .

Of course my habits don't help.... sitting with loads of junk food and watching "one season following another.... " isn't exactly an effective way of inviting sleep, especially when these are of a popular sitcom.

Curling up with a good book results in going to sleep in the morning having finished the good book. A person on TV suggested drinking warm milk.. Well the person obviously did not have 1.parents who woke up at the beeping sound of a microwave and 2.a urinary bladder.....

So I guess I am at the mercy of the Gods.....

No comments: